I’m new here. Sort of. If you count numerous attempts to start a successful blog new. You might know me from my Tumblr, Neon Thoughts. Except that’s only part of me. I want this blog to be the real me because that’s a lot harder. Plus Tumblr is just for people who want to think they’re artsy because they can recognize a cliche artsy photo when hundreds of other people reblog it, too. (I don’t use Tumblr, but enough people do that just having a Tumblr gives you that kind of reputation.)
Here are some things about me:
1. I’m a singer. I don’t say I want to be a singer because I’m a singer already. You can find my music here. All the downloads are free because I like you guys and I hope you guys will like me too. I also have a YouTube account with some videos of me singing and stuff, so you can check that out here.
2. I started this blog to try to publicize my music, except I’m realizing that I want more stuff up than just my music because I like a lot of other things too. Plus, I was really inspired by Tavi to get my act together and get famous so I can start doing things I actually like doing in addition to the things I’m compelled to do like high school.
3. My favorite colors are black (I know that’s technically not a color, but I like it anyway so shut up), burgundy and olive.
4. I play violin, ukulele, piano and guitar. I’d really like to play tuba and viola da gamba at some point, so if anyone has an old viola da gamba they would like to sell me for a reasonable price, hit me up.
5. I love to sing and write and take photos (although I’m not very good at it) and style outfits (yes, I’m a fashionista).
6. I made a New Years resolution this year to stop buying new clothes so I’m endeavoring to find amazing vintage pieces to add to my ever-changing wardrobe. Luckily, I made an exception for accessories, so those I can go crazy on. Thank goodness. Shopping calms me down.
7. Dubstep also calms me down. The louder and crazier, the better.
8. I love Lawrence Ferlinghetti and “Howl” by Allen Ginsburg and I love the idea of Jack Kerouac (parts of On the Road were solid) and I love James Joyce.
9. I have a typewriter in my room, and I wish I used it more than I do.
10. I love all music except country, metal, Lady Gaga and certain rap eras.
Ten seems like a good number to begin with, so I will leave it at that. I’m sure over the course of this blog, you will all get to know me much better. Whether or not that is a good thing, I guess we will have to find out together.
Let me know what you think about my music, and if you have any ideas for posts or anything, challenges, comments, anything, let me know in the comments.